Tuesday 14 August 2012

Girls with guns (and diaries).

We spent the holidays in Croatia. It was wonderfull and I can't wait to have the pictures developed that I took with my single use camera. Croatia is "aestethically pleasing". The pastel houses, churches etc. But there was a weird vibe around because beneath the surface you could sense the  traces of the war. I photographed, wrote and drew a lot.
But now I am back in town. And  you know, we didn't have any internet  there so I was like in one big 'bubble'. And the bubble seriously burst once we got back. Like when I heard the news about Pussy Riot. And seriously THIS MAKES ME SO MAD.
I felt like fillling  this post with repetitions of 'POETIN IS A JERK' but that would  surely not have been my best idea. So I made a protest t-shirt. Nothing spectacular or something. It just took an old "Onslow T" from my dad and a felt marker- it's unwashable though and that's a bummer. My black fabric markers have run out too -. The T says 'FREE PUSSY RI♥T'. Not original, I admit, but with nothing to be desired in terms of clarity.
Myrte took this picture while we were  cruising and exploring our neighbourhood (like always). We hit aan abandoned house that was  for sale and the door wasn't locked so we crashed the place -BECAUSE WE ARE BAD GIRLS YA KNOW. The house was seriously run down but totally in sync with our aestethics. There was awesome wallpaper on the walls and what was left of the windows had lace curtains. We looked further and we had to jump from one metal floor beam to the other - the floor deck was gone- and then we made it to the bathroom. THE BATHROOM WAS A 70's HEAVEN. The bathroom tiles were white with a brown print but the bath, toilet and sink where green. Bounty of pictures ! And then Myrte opened the bathroom cabinet and there we found this gun -WHAT KIND OF NUTHEAD KEEPS HIS GUN IN THE BATHROOM?!-. That was really a mindblowing visual flashback to the  Mad Men episode in which Betty Draper shot the neighbour's pigeons in the garden. And who can resist a girl with a gun ? So far for the story behind the picture. This summer I also decided to take up a diary again. But more  like a collage book with text and trifles



Ibe


No comments:

Post a Comment